[Fedora-directory-users] Existing User Accounts

Oscar A. Valdez oscar.valdez at duraflex-politex.com
Fri Apr 7 21:04:04 UTC 2006

El vie, 07-04-2006 a las 15:16 -0500, Esquivel, Vicente escribió:
> I ran the scripts and was able to get all of the users imported into the Directory server.  The only question is how do I get their email address into the Directory of the passwd and shadow file information?

If you have the inetOrgPerson objectclass, the "mail" field should be
available. You can add email addresses via an ldif file and the
ldapmodify command:

dn: uid=ovaldez,ou=People,dc=duraflex,dc=com,dc=sv
changetype: add
mail: mymail at mydomain.com

A bash script could help you reading uid's and gecos fields off the
passwd file and into the ldif file.
--
Oscar A. Valdez