[Fedora-directory-users] storing RSA public keys in FDS

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 16:10:03 UTC 2006

Hi, all.  This may be slightly off topic but here goes anyway.

I've a small client/server app in perl that publishes msgs in multicast, cleartext.  There's now a
concern about replay attacks, so we need to encrypt every msg and maybe sign it.  (Crypt::RSA, I'm
thinking)

Since there's only 1 server but a large number of clients, I'm thinking of storing clients' public
keys in FDS, where the server can retrieve them.  Has anybody successfully implemented this?  I
know I can install OpenPGP Key Server and use that but I don't want to have another directory when
FDS is working fine already.

Thank you.