[Fedora-directory-users] OS Migration

Jim Summers jsummers at bachman.cs.ou.edu
Wed Apr 12 13:46:29 UTC 2006

Richard Megginson wrote:
> Jim Summers wrote:
>> Rob Crittenden wrote:

>> I plan on installing the FDS with the rpm from:
>>
>> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Download
>> and use the fedora-ds-1.0.2-1.RHEL4.i386.opt.rpm

>>> Also note that upgrading could be a problem since you aren't doing a
>>> standard RPM installation to begin with. You might be able to "trick"
>>> it by installing the Fedora RPM and then untarring over top of that.
>>
>> Ah, Now I see the problem.  What about only untarring the following
>> directories from my backed up DS from /opt/fedora-ds:
>>
>> admin-serv
>> alias
>> slapd-[hostname]
> Add shared/config, clients/orgchart/config.txt, clients/dsgw/context,
> clients/dsgw/pbconfig, and clients/dsgw/config to that list as well.

This worked.  The only snag I ran into was the pid file in the
slapd-[host]/logs directory.  Permissions looked ok, but until I actually
removed it did it fire up and run.

Replicaton and all seems to be working.

I still have my other replica to redo so I will have a chance to double verify
this migration path.

Will post if anything bad happens.

Thanks Again,

--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma