[Fedora-directory-users] SSL directory server gateway

Jason Russler jrussler at helix.nih.gov
Wed Apr 19 20:14:43 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I'm pretty uncertain about the best way to go about configuring the
admin server to use SSL (FDS1.0.2) .  All of the docs I'm finding are
pretty shaky.  Ultimately, I want users to manage their passwords and
info via the web-based Directory Server Gateway over SSL.  This would
appear to be the same thing as enabling SSL for the admin server.  The
setupssl.sh script provided by the SSL howto,  generates the keys/certs
for the admin server and imports them into the appropriate cert db (I
guess, I've performed  the process by hand as well, based on RedHat's
docs and the script itself).  This would imply to me that the admin
console would find the generated certs and present them in the admin
server's console (under the Configuration -> Encryption tab) in much the
same way that it does in the directory server's console.  I can't tell
if something that's suppose to work isn't or if I'm misunderstanding
something.  I'd like to know before I try to generate new SSL
certificates and import them.
Thanks much,
Jason