[Fedora-directory-users] Need help syncing between Active Directory and FDS

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 14:28:08 UTC 2006

Espen A. Stefansen wrote:

>Hi
>I'm a new user to FDS, so I've got some problems getting it to work. I'm
>trying to sync our Active Directory over to FDS. Unfortunately it
>doesn't work, so hopefully someone can give me some pointers.
>
>I've been looking through the wiki and the manuals, but i haven't found
>that helped.
>
>This is how I installed FDS:
>
>1. Installed FDS on CentOS 4; fds.example.com.
>
>2. Ran setup with default values (including directory manager)
>
>3. Ran setupssl.sh.
>
>4. Install PassSync on a Windows Domain Controller (Windows 2003);
>win.example.com.
>  - Values:
>  --- Hostname: fds.example.com
>  --- Port: 686
>  --- Username: cn=directory manager,cn=config
>  --- Cert Token: ?? (Should this be the password for the certificate?)

You don't need to fill the cert token in.

>  --- Search: dc=example,dc=com
>
>  And then imported the certificates from fds.example.com
>
>5. Started the console, and enabled "changelog" and "replica" as
>"single master".
>
>6. I then generated a "windows sync agreement".
>   - Values:
>   --- domain: example.com
>   --- DCH: win.example.com
>   --- Enabled SSL
>   --- Bind as: cn=directory manager,cn=config
>

>When I try to do a full sync, it says it cant find the LDAP-server,
>error 81. Does that mean the FDS-server?

It's saying it can't connect to Active Directory.  This is probably
because Active Directory is not running on the secure port (636).  You
need to setup Active Directory for LDAPS.  Take a look at this page on
our wiki for details on how to do this:

    http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:WindowsSync

You should also make sure you can connect to Active Directory over LDAPS
with ldapsearch before you create your sync agreement.

-NGK