[Fedora-directory-users] How to monitor replication?

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 00:25:05 UTC 2006

Philip Kime wrote:
> Does anyone know of any way of monitoring replication? I just want to
> know if it stops for some reason. The repliction monitor script seems
> to be buggy and I can't get it to work at all with a completely SSL'ed
> LDAP infra of Fedora 1.0.2 servers.
Can you post the contents of your config file?  Be sure to remove any
sensitive information.  For SSL to work, you must supply the full
pathname of your the cert8.db containing the CA cert that issued the
LDAP server cert.  The format of the config file is as follows:
$host:$port:$binddn:$password:$certdbfilename

If using SSL, port should be SSL port.

Although, it should work without SSL - you should be able to use the
non-secure port to monitor replication.