[Fedora-directory-users] binding to the LDAP

Adams, Samuel D Contr AFRL/HEDR Samuel.Adams at BROOKS.AF.MIL
Thu Aug 17 15:22:13 UTC 2006

I have been tweaking my ACIs on my directory server, and I more or less
feel good about its security posture except for one thing, it is still
allowing unencrypted authentication.  My clients are configured to use
TLS for authentication which is good, but if I turn off TLS on the
client, it still can authenticate which is bad.  Assuming everything is
configured properly on the client, this works, but I would feel better
if my LDAP wouldn't even let a client bind if it is not using TLS.  Can
I do this through an ACI or some other setting on the server?

Sam Adams

General Dynamics - Information Technology

Phone: 210.536.5945