[Fedora-directory-users] problem starting slapd

Marco Bellacosa marco at sif.it
Wed Aug 23 07:28:52 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I got problems while restarting my fedora-ds. In particular,
when I try to start the server via start-slapd I receive the following
message:

[23/Aug/2006:09:24:27 +0200] - SSL alert: CERT_VerifyCertificateNow:
verify certificate failed for cert server-cert of family
cn=RSA,cn=encryption,cn=config (Netscape Portable Runtime error -8181 -
Peer's Certificate has expired.)
[23/Aug/2006:09:24:27 +0200] - SSL failure: None of the cipher are valid\

Then, if I try to menage certificates via console, I am not able to log
in the console, I get the message:

Cannot connect to the Admin Server .....
The URL is not correct or the server is not running.

Therefore, I cannot start the server because my certificate is no more
valid and I cannot menage certificate because my console doesn't open
(it seems to me). Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
marco