[Fedora-directory-users] Anonymous bind with restrictive ACIs

Jason Russler jrussler at helix.nih.gov
Wed Aug 23 17:15:38 UTC 2006

Adams, Samuel D Contr AFRL/HEDR wrote:
> Does anyone know what the minimum set of attributes are that need to be
> anonymously readable and still allow the OpenLDAP PAM client to
> authenticate?

Well, if you want everything to work, you'll need access to any data
that would normally be available via a passwd file: shell, home, gecos,
uid, username, primary group id in addition to some other data relating
to password policy.   PAM needs much of that stuff _before_ a bind is
initiated.  Just watch the access log during a login.