[Fedora-directory-users] can't lookup UNIX group Domain Admins

listman listman at nerdherdclan.com
Sat Dec 16 05:48:56 UTC 2006

> On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 16:35 -0800, listman wrote:
>> Can some one please point me in the right direction to fix this? I’ve
>> searched samba group and the only thing I can find is something about
>> having the right scripts but they don’t tell you where to get them or
>> how
>> to run them.
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> ----
> sounds like you are looking for smbldap-tools from idealx
>
> Perhaps you are using packaging from a distribution that offers these
> tools or start here if that is indeed what you are looking for...
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/smbldap-tools
>
> Craig

Thanks Craig
That does explain the scripts that I read about but it's not helping my
problem any.
I'm going through the samba doc on the FDS site and keep running into
problems here and no one seems to know the answer. I have installed
everything I need, configurd samba, ldap, bind, and everything else
refrenced from the FDS site. I'm missing something thats isn't covered on
the site but I dont know enough to figure out what it is. Heres my
smb.conf file if that helps any..

[global]
workgroup = DEPFYFFER
security = user
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://depfyffer.com
ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
ldap suffix = dc=depfyffer,dc=com
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups

add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
ldap delete dn = Yes
#delete user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
#delete group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
add user to group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
delete user from group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
set primary group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"

log file = /var/log/%m.log

os level = 33
domain logons = yes
domain master = yes