[Fedora-directory-users] can't lookup UNIX group Domain Admins

listman at nerdherdclan.com listman at nerdherdclan.com
Sat Dec 16 17:33:09 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote ..
> I’ve
> get them or

> > > Thanks Craig
> > > That does explain the scripts that I read about but it's not helping
> my
> > > problem any.
> > > I'm going through the samba doc on the FDS site and keep running into
> > > problems here and no one seems to know the answer. I have installed
> > > everything I need, configurd samba, ldap, bind, and everything else
> > > refrenced from the FDS site. I'm missing something thats isn't covered
> on
> > > the site but I dont know enough to figure out what it is. Heres my
> > > smb.conf file if that helps any..
> > >
> > > [global]
> > > workgroup = DEPFYFFER
> > > security = user
> > > passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://depfyffer.com
> > > ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
> > > ldap suffix = dc=depfyffer,dc=com
> > > ldap user suffix = ou=People
> > > ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
> > > ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
> > >
> > > add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
> > > add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
> > > ldap delete dn = Yes
> > > #delete user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
> > > add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
> > > #delete group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
> > > add user to group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u"
> "%g"
> > > delete user from group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x
> "%u"
> > > "%g"
> > > set primary group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g"
> "%u"
> > > add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
> > >
> > > log file = /var/log/%m.log
> > > socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
> > >
> > > os level = 33
> > > domain logons = yes
> > > domain master = yes
> > > local master = yes
> > > preferred master = yes
> > >
> > > wins support = yes
> > >
> > > logon home = \\%L\%u\profiles
> > > logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
> > > logon drive = H:
> > >
> > > template shell = /bin/false
> > > winbind use default domain = no
> > >
> > > [netlogon]
> > > path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
> > > read only = yes
> > > browsable = no
> > >
> > > [profiles]
> > > path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
> > > read only = no
> > > create mask = 0600
> > > directory mask = 0700
> > >
> > > [homes]
> > > browsable = no
> > > writable = yes
> > >

> > This may help also??
> >
> > [root at depfyffer log]# smbpasswd -D 10 -a -m
> > Netbios name list:-
> > my_netbios_names[0]="DEPFYFFER"
> > Attempting to register passdb backend ldapsam
> [...]
Thanks again Craig,
It looks like I'm going to have to start fresh and just try the idealx route. Maybe I can learn enough about samba and ldap that route then move on to FDS after that. FDS seems a little too much for me, I think my biggest downfall is never being exposed to ldap, I've used samba quit a bit but never in this extent.
Thanks again for all the pointers.. see ya next time.