[Fedora-directory-users] Problem with WindowsSync

Sören Malchow Soeren.Malchow at interone.de
Fri Feb 3 10:52:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

i can see this message when duming network traffic between DS and AD, and
when i look at the dump with ethereal this message shows up thousands of
time.

Ok one after another

1. DS uses the AD user i used for sync to successfully bind to AD

2. The DS issues a search request for the correct Base DN

3. AD answers

        - 1. answer seems to be search result
        - 2. - nth answer seems to be individual CNs, but in this case i
can see either

                "Can't parse message ID: Wrong type for that item"
prepended by "Invalid LDAP packet"
                or
                "Can't parse sequence header: Wrong type for that item"
prepended by "Invalid LDAP message"

        in ethereal.

It seems as if it is not on the TCP Layer cause SYN packet look good and
ACK later on as well

soeren

David Boreham <david_list at boreham.org>
Sent by: fedora-directory-users-bounces at redhat.com
02.02.2006 16:50
Please respond to
david_list at boreham.org; Please respond to
"General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project."
<fedora-directory-users at redhat.com>

"General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project."
<fedora-directory-users at redhat.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Problem with WindowsSync

Sören Malchow wrote:

> i have a problem with synching my AD Users.
>
> Everything seems to be fine, login ist ok, DS can reach AD, in a
> tcpdump i see a search request from the DS, but afterwards there is an
> answer from the AD server that says
>
> "Can't parse message ID: Wrong type for that item"

Hi, can you post a bit more information about this ?
Where exactly do you see that message ?