[Fedora-directory-users] POSTFIX and Prefilled data

Scott Boggs sboggs at trustedcs.com
Fri Feb 3 17:59:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

  I am looking into a method of automating POSTFIX attributes being added to a
user who is populated into the FDS from Active Directory with the
windows/password sync capability provided by FDS.  Is there any sort of plug-in
that already exists which could do this? Or is there a method to pre-fill most
of the POSIX fields which do not change often (home dir, user shell ect.)?

 I am hoping that I do not have to use a third party application or self made
scripts to accomplish this. It would nice if I can continue to use the servers
administrative GUI.

On the subject of having to use a alternate method to control POSIX information,
if it turns out that I won’t be able to use a automated method within the FDS’s
console, I am thinking of pulling the server away from the console.  If the
choice is to pull the console functionality out of my FDS installation, how will
that affect my ability to perform the replication functions needed for account
and password synchronization?

Thanks for you Time