[Fedora-directory-users] Problem with WindowsSync

Sören Malchow Soeren.Malchow at interone.de
Sat Feb 4 09:06:06 UTC 2006

Yes i am running 0.10.13, which is almost the newest i think.

Do you have any other idea how to debug this issue, since there is nothing
in the logs.

soeren

David Boreham <david_list at boreham.org>
Sent by: fedora-directory-users-bounces at redhat.com
03.02.2006 16:45
Please respond to
david_list at boreham.org; Please respond to
"General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project."
<fedora-directory-users at redhat.com>

"General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project."
<fedora-directory-users at redhat.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Problem with WindowsSync

Sören Malchow wrote:

> i can see this message when duming network traffic between DS and AD,
> and when i look at the dump with ethereal this message shows up
> thousands of time.
>
> Ok one after another
>
> 1. DS uses the AD user i used for sync to successfully bind to AD
>
> 2. The DS issues a search request for the correct Base DN
>
> 3. AD answers
>
>         - 1. answer seems to be search result
>         - 2. - nth answer seems to be individual CNs, but in this case
> i can see either
>
>                 "Can't parse message ID: Wrong type for that item"
> prepended by "Invalid LDAP packet"
>                 or
>                 "Can't parse sequence header: Wrong type for that
> item" prepended by "Invalid LDAP message"
>
>         in ethereal.

Ah, I see. I'd suspect a bug in ethereal : I've used it to decode the
protocol stream between FDS and AD more times than I can remember,
and haven't seen that error. It's as if ethereal is not decoding the
packet correctly. Are you running a recent version of ethereal ?