[Fedora-directory-users] autofs & FDS

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 19:59:23 UTC 2006

--- Pete Rowley <prowley at redhat.com> wrote:

> Susan wrote:
> >However, I now get this:
> >[root at cnyldap01 schema]# /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-cnyldap01/restart-slapd
> >[06/Feb/2006:13:34:09 -0500] dse - The entry cn=schema in file
> >/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-cnyldap01/config/schema/80autofs.ldif is invalid, error code 20 (Type or
> >value exists) - object class automount: The OID "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.9" is also used by the attribute
> >type "shadowInactive"
> >
> >Have you seen this error before?
> >

> It is conflicting with the RFC2307 schema.  I don't know how this stuff
> perpetuates (and this nonsense is everywhere, I have seen at least two
> phony OIDs for this attribute alone) - but the automount attribute in
> the linked schema has an OID stolen from RFC2307 and assigned by IANA to
> shadowInactive.

Got it.  The problem is that the schema above is provided by what looks like a Redhat employee
which lends some credence to it.

> RFC2307bis is the first document to mention automount, and it designates
> automount schema thus:

so, should I just use the RFC2307bis schema then?  I mean, looks like this RFC has expired and
there doesn't seem to be a replacement for the autofs attributes and object classes.

Uhm.. What's a gal to do then???