[Fedora-directory-users] solaris 10 SSL connections

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 19:36:24 UTC 2006

Hi, all.  I've ssl enabled in FDS:

# ldapsearch -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w adminpass -b "cn=encryption,cn=config"  -h cnyitlin02
cn=*
version: 1
dn: cn=encryption,cn=config
objectClass: top
objectClass: nsEncryptionConfig
cn: encryption
nsSSLSessionTimeout: 0
nsSSLClientAuth: allowed
nsSSL2: off
nsSSL3: on
nsSSL3Ciphers: +rsa_rc4_128_md5,+rsa_3des_sha,+fortezza_null,-rsa_null_md5,+fo

Currently, I have authenticationMethod: simple in my default profile.  I can ssh/telnet w/o
problems, authenticating from FDS (thank you, Gary Tay!)

I've been having a real hard time getting Solaris SSL to work, however.  I did the whole mozilla
cert import thing, got the cert8.db (it's not 7), and key3.db, put them in /var/ldap

However, even though this returns data:

-bash-3.00# ldapsearch -b "dc=composers,dc=company,dc=com"  -h cnyitlin02 -L "objectclass=*" -p
636 -Z
version: 1
dn: dc=composers,dc=company,dc=com
dn: cn=Directory Administrators, dc=composers,dc=company,dc=com
dn: ou=Groups, dc=composers,dc=company,dc=com
dn: ou=People, dc=composers,dc=company,dc=com
dn: ou=profile,dc=composers,dc=company,dc=com
dn: cn=proxyAgent,ou=profile,dc=composers,dc=company,dc=com
dn: uid=test, ou=People, dc=composers,dc=company,dc=com

It's not encrypted.  I can see the traffic clear text in ethereal.

Any ideas what the problem is?  Has anybody gotten solaris ssl to work with FDS?

Thank you.