[Fedora-directory-users] TLS authentication without a user mapped

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Thu Feb 23 15:13:40 UTC 2006

François Beretti wrote:

>I would like this if I don't want to store users in a directory
>(because they already are in another one.

This would be a new feature. You'd need to write code to
implement it (or someone would). Problem is that there are
a bunch of places in the code where the existance of an
entry with the bind identity is assumed. So it wouldn't be
quite as simple as taking the cert DN and copying it into
the bind DN for the session.