[Fedora-directory-users] question about host based access control

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 19:21:30 UTC 2006

Susan wrote:

>--- Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>In the Directory window in the Directory tab, select the user you want
>>to add access to, edit it, and use the Advanced.... editor. See
>>http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Posix
>>

>right, I saw the link.  I used the advanced editor, added the hostobject object class to
>the user..  Now what?  Where do I list the hosts that the user is allowed to connect to?

The directions for adding the "host" attribute are under "Old Method" on
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Posix
"Finally, click on Add Attributes. Select "host" from the list of
attributes. Host should appear as an empty attribute in the window.
Finally, click on host, and click on Add Value. This will add an empty
text field next to host - fill this in with the fully qualified hostname
of the host you want to grant that user access to. Repeat for as many
hosts as you want. You should make sure that your ldap.conf file on your
machines has "pam_check_host_attr" set to "yes" if you want pam_ldap to
enforce host-based access control for logins."