[Fedora-directory-users] same UID having different passwords on different servers

Jamie McKnight warthog at warthogsolutions.com
Wed Jan 4 23:15:10 UTC 2006

You can create an new attribute to hold the user password and use the
attribute mapping function in /etc/ldap.conf (examples are in the file)
if you are running Linux on the client.

I have never had to do this with a Solaris client, so I am not sure if
the Solaris Profile has this ability or not.

We have done this in some very specific instances, but I do not
recommend it for long term supportability.

Jamie