[Fedora-directory-users] password history question

Jo De Troy jo.de.troy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:22:52 UTC 2006

Hi Jamie,

thanks for the info. I'm trying to setup SSL now. I'm following the SSL
howto posted on the wiki. It seems like it's not totally accurate, I get a
failure when importing the ldif's mentioned in the document. Seems like I
cannot add the attributes

nsslapd-security and nsslapd-ssl-check-hostname

I think SSL is setup now but I cannot seem to get it working with ldapsearch
-zz, I keep getting
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
        additional info: Start TLS request accepted.Server willing to
negotiate SSL.
I guess I need to point my ldap.conf to the ca certificate for trust, which
file is holding the ca certificate? I can however login on port 636 as
Directory Manager when using ldapbrowser (
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/ <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/%7Egawor/ldap/>)

Another question I have wrt password history, it seems like the history
entries are all using crypt. I thought they would be using the same
encryption as setup for the userpassword (e.g. md5) or is there a particular
reason for using crypt?

Thanks again,
Jo