[Fedora-directory-users] ldconfig

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 15:19:43 UTC 2006

Tim Edwards wrote:

> I may have missed something but it seems to me that the RPMs for
> Fedora-ds don't add necessary entries in the ldconfig config.

Right.  We're working on it for an upcoming release.

> This means that you can't run any of the binaries in
> /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin (for example) until you manually add the
> following entries to a /etc/ld.so.conf.d/fedorads-i386.conf file and
> run ldconfig.
>
> /opt/fedora-ds/lib

Hm - there's nothing in here that should be used by the shared binaries.

> /opt/fedora-ds/clients/lib/

Ditto.

> /opt/fedora-ds/shared/lib/

You can run the programs in shared/bin by first doing cd shared/bin ;
./programname - the security tools already have shell script wrappers so
that shouldn't be necessary.

> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/
> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/slapd/lib/

These are only used by the server programs, not by command line programs.