[Fedora-directory-users] password history question

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 15:46:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 15:53 +0100, Jo De Troy wrote:
> Hi Susan,
>
> I was using capital Z in the ldapsearch, I've uncommented "ssl on"
> in /etc/ldap.conf
> Still the same problem.
> # ldapsearch   -x -ZZ -h ldapserver -b 'dc=example,dc=com'
> '(uid=someuser)'
> ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
>         additional info: Start TLS request accepted.Server willing to
> negotiate SSL.
>
> Any other thought?

	A quick way to check whether TLS support is enabled in the server is to
do something like:

  $> openssl s_client -showcerts -connect ldapserver:636

	Once you've verified that much, then work on getting ldapsearch to
work.

	If it's the OpenLDAP utils you're using, then you want to
modify /etc/openldap/ldap.conf - /etc/ldap.conf is used by nss-ldap and
pam-ldap.

	Also, use something like "ldapsearch -d 10" to get better error
messages. You may find a problem like the server's certificate can't be
verified because you haven't configured the utilities to trust the CA
which issued it. You might need something like:

  TLS_CACERT /etc/pki/tls/cacert.pem

Cheers,
Mark.