[Fedora-directory-users] Per-host specific search results

Pete Rowley prowley at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 19:41:35 UTC 2006

Jonathan Barber wrote:

>Is it possible to get FDS to return different results depending on the
>hostname/IP which the binding client appears to be comming from?

Possible I believe by ACL trickery (masking certain values from all but
binds from certain hosts) but that would be a huge headache to
administer I would imagine.

>I would like this as I want to distribute different versions of Linux
>autofs auto.master data to various client boxes, but keep the client
>configuration identical and as simple as possible.

Probably better just to have an entry per host so that each host just
looks for its own settings - the clients can have identical
configuration, they just get their hostname and use that to search for
their directory based configuration.  On the server side, look at class
of service to reduce your admin overhead for the values.

--
Pete