[Fedora-directory-users] Winsync: UIDs

Hartmut Wöhrle hartmut.woehrle at mail.pcom.de
Thu Jan 12 20:26:34 UTC 2006

Hallo everyone,

I have a question connected with Winsync from Windows NT.
When I do the replication (works fine now!) I recieve all Users and the uids
in capital letters. Now I want to change them into lower case.
ldapmodify refuses to change, and when I try to change it by the gui (not the
best way with about 2000 users.... but ok for a test :) , I get the message
"Unkown error with naming attribute" and in addition the entrydn and the uid
were changed, but the
dn: uid=....
is the same as before.
Also the gui shows the old name - even when refreshing.
So this seems to be a vital "non-changeable" value.
I thought to perform an ldapsearch writing out all avlues then edit the
entries by a script and with ldapdelete and ldapadd rewrite them in the
directory. But I think then the replication will not realize them as the same
users and create the entries once again - with capital letters.

Is there a possibility to have all uids in lower case when performing the
replication? Any switch that I forgot?

Cu
Hartmut

FDs Version 7 installed from RPM