[Fedora-directory-users] password history question

Jo De Troy jo.de.troy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:03:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've finally got the SSL working. Thanks for all the help.
When I try to login with an imported account from OpenLDAP I get the message
that my account is expired and that I need to change my LDAP password
immediately.
When trying this I get an error

 # ssh jdtroy at ldapserver
jdtroy at ldapserver's password:
You are required to change your password immediately (password aged)
You are required to change your LDAP password immediately.
Last login: Fri Jan 13 14:38:12 2006 from ldapserver
WARNING: Your password has expired.
You must change your password now and login again!
Changing password for user jdtroy.
Enter login(LDAP) password:
New UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
LDAP password information update failed: Can't contact LDAP server
Current passwd must be supplied by the user.

passwd: Permission denied
Connection to ldapserver closed.

In /var/log/messages I get  pam_ldap: ldap_extended_operation_s Unknow error

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

In /etc/ldap.conf I do have
pam_lookup_policy yes
pam_password exop