[Fedora-directory-users] Samba & Fedora Directory Server Integration

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jan 17 15:18:54 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 09:08 -0600, Oscar A. Valdez wrote:
> El dom, 15-01-2006 a las 17:11 +1100, Del escribió:
> > Oscar A. Valdez wrote:
> > > 2) The section on ldapsam of "The Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference
> > > Guide"
> > > (http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba3-HOWTO/passdb.html#id2559672)
> > > mentions quite a few attributes for the sambaSamAccount ObjectClass,
> > > such as sambaLogonTime, sambaLMPassword, sambaPrimaryGroupSID,
> > > sambaAcctFlags, logoffTime, sambaKickoffTime, sambaPwdLastSet, sambaSID,
> > > sambaPwdCanChange, sambaPwdMustChange, and sambaNTPassword, that are not
> > > present in the ldif files generated by the openldap migrate_passwd.pl
> > > script recommended by the How-To. How should these attributes be added,
> > > if one follows the How-To?
> >
> > /usr/share/doc/samba-*/LDAP/samba.schema (or wherever your Samba
> > documentation is installed on your distro).
> >
> > Either create the attributes manually, or use the ol-schema-migrate.pl
> > script in the FDS wiki to convert it to a FDS compatible schema file,
> > and then install it into your /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-`hostname -s`/config/schema/
> > directory as 61samba.ldif
>
> Thanks for your response. I've already converted the schema file and
> placed it at /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-<server>/config/schema/61samba.ldif.
>
> More precisely, how should these attributes be populated with data,
> following the Howto? I'm looking into the smbldap-tools from Idealx,
> because I prefer a single step to the two steps proposed by the Howto:
> smbpasswd and ldif import.
----
smbldap-tools by Idealx should be installed and configured.

The tool suggested in official Samba documentation
<http://samba.org/samba/docs/> is the Microsoft tool - User manager for
Domains which is downloadable from Microsoft - see the samba
documentation. This tool requires smbldap-tools from Idealx to be
installed and properly configured.

I previously suggested...and would still highly recommend you use a tool
such as:
Webmin or LAM for adding users as you can template create users and
automatically assign virtually all posixAccount and sambaSamAccount
attributes.

Craig