[Fedora-directory-users] weird error when querying directory server

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 07:38:36 UTC 2006

Hi,
	A similar problem was discussed only last week on this list. Check the
archives.

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 19:46 -0500, Bliss, Aaron wrote:
> this works great from a redhat 4 box, however from my redhat 3 box I
> receive the following error:
> ldapsearch -x -ZZ '(uid =azb)'
>
> ldap_start_tls: Connect error
>         additional info: Start TLS request accepted.Server willing to
> negotiate SSL.

	Use "-d 10" to get more info on the problem.

> relevant entries of /etc/ldap.conf look like this:

	/etc/ldap.conf isn't relevant to the OpenLDAP utils. It's only used by
nss-ldap and pam-ldap.

> relavent entries of /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
> TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
> TLS_REQCERT allow

	Do you have the CA certificate in /etc/openldap/cacerts? Are you using
the certificate hash as the filename? i.e. did you do:

  $> openssl x509 -noout -hash -in cacert.pem
  8c7ad84c
  $> cp cacert.pem /etc/openldap/cacerts/8c7ad84c.0

Cheers,
Mark.