[Fedora-directory-users] simple ssl replication

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 21:08:35 UTC 2006

--- Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
susan:
> >"CT,," -a -i cnjldap01.cert.asc
> >certutil: could not obtain certificate from file: You are attempting to import a cert with the
> >same issuer/serial as an existing cert, but that is not the same cert.
> >
> >What do you think?  Both the supplier's and the consumer's CA certs were created with identical
> >password/noise files.  Is that a problem?
> >

> It seems that you already have the CA cert in the consumer cert db.

well, I recreated the cert DB on the supplier and the consumer, using different passwords and
noise files and it worked fine after that.  I guess identical passwords/noise produce identical
certs and that's not allowed.  Anyway.. now I know.  Thank you for the export/import cert db
explanation.  Perhaps that could go into the SSL wiki?