[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Server or Console problem

Little Dragon ldragon at freemail.hu
Thu Jan 19 09:40:35 UTC 2006

Hi Richard,
I reinstalled with custom install.

can youtelnet hostname 1500
Yes I can. (Port changed to 51321)
The result:
[root at vpclinux fedora-ds]# telnet vpclinux 51321
Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...
Connected to vpclinux.emea.tcs.com (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
Escape character is '^]'.

*************************************
can you use your web browser to connect to http://hostname:1500/
Yes I can,,. I can see the pages chek admin-server info and
log, ldap server info and log.

As from the hostname you can see this linux (Fedora Core 4)
run on a virtual PC (Microsoft Virtual PC 2004), I jus
wanted to try the directory server.

Any other idea, things to check?
Are there any debug level option on admin-server and/or
console side?

TIA,
Laszlo

Little Dragon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed fedora-ds-1.0.1-1.FC4.i386.opt.rpm
> and SUN java: j2re-1_4_2_10-linux-i586.rpm
> Then set the JAVA_HOME env. Variable.
>
> After the Typical install the ldapsearch works (I get
results).
> (ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p 389 -b "o=NetscapeRoot")
>
> But I can not start the console.
> startconsole -u admin -a http://vpclinux:1500
>
> I always get the error: Cannot connect to the Admin Server
"http://hostname:1500"
> The URL is not correct or the server is not running.

can you
telnet hostname 1500
?
can you use your web browser to connect to
http://hostname:1500/
?

> I can see the ns-slapd and httpd.worker processes running
> (one ns-slapd and 3 httpd.worker processes are running)
>
> I read all the docs on the web and the FAQ at redhat
> (Troubleshooting)
> Troubleshooting can not help: - there is no
"admin-serv/config/jvm12.conf", (I created but