[Fedora-directory-users] Re: enforce strong passwords

Jo De Troy jo.de.troy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:53:15 UTC 2006

Hi Nathan,

yep this would meet my requirements.
As an aside: Would it be in scope of this project to have a webinterface to
allow the users to change their passwords?
If the endusers don't have a valid shell on a Unix box and they need to
change their password.

Would the ldapserver give back meaningfull errors as to why a password
change was rejected?
Maybe a stupid question: Will changing the password via ldappasswd enforce
all the policies set? ( e.g. password history, lockout, expiration)
If ldappasswd does this, I guess it does, I guess a webinterface would
basically be a frontend to ldappasswd.

Greetings,
Jo