[Fedora-directory-users] Samba PDC using FDS backend

Brian Rudy brudy at praecogito.com
Fri Jan 20 18:35:13 UTC 2006

Mike Jackson wrote:
> Brian Rudy wrote:
>> Bug 177473 has been created.
>>
>> Pete Rowley wrote:
>>
>>> Please create a bug and attach your (zipped) gibberish file.  Bad
>>> schema should be logged (at least) - assuming the gibberish didn't
>>> actually form a valid schema component some how.
>>>

> Hi,
>  I am the author of that tool.
>
>  There is no bug in the script which could cause this problem you have
> described. This problem is likely caused by bad memory on your machine
> or a kernel or filesystem bug.
>
>  Are you able to reproduce this multiple times and provide multiple
> corrupted output files? And are they all identical (checked with
> openssl sha)?
>
> Example:
>
> openssl sha README.txt
> SHA(README.txt)= d9f24b5f0a2b26e8c498a3b4b9d3b34361c41e56
>
>  What about reproducing it on more than one machine?
>
> BR,
> --
> mike

Hi Mike,

This far I have only seen this happen one time. I tried multiple times
with the same machine and a few other development boxes with no success.
Its certainly possible that I mistyped something during the initial
schema conversion step, but I don't see how it would have produced this
file either.