[Fedora-directory-users] Installation error on RHEL 4 using a Dynamic DNS

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 03:06:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install FDS on a RHEL test machine.  I have a dynamic
domain name for this machine (from dyndns.org).

I'm getting this error at the end of the installation:
[slapd-test]: [23/Jan/2006:16:21:46 -1000] - slapd started.  Listening
on All Interfaces port 389 for LDAP requests
Your new directory server has been started.
Created new Directory Server
Start Slapd Starting Slapd server configuration.
Fatal Slapd ERROR: Ldap authentication failed for url
ldap://test.homelinux.com:389/o=NetscapeRoot user id admin (151:Unknown
error.)
Fatal Slapd Did not add Directory Server information to Configuration
Server.
Configuring Administration Server...
----

Any clues here?

In this case, my dynamic domain name is test.homelinux.com.  I think I
may have setup the hostname wrong?  Or have I done something wrong in
the FDS setup?

Thanks,
Julian