[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and Apache

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 15:26:34 UTC 2006

Robert Ludvik wrote:

>Kevin Kovach pravi:
>

>>The HowTo for integration with Apache
>>(http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Apache) is currently
>>blank.  Can somebody advise on another source for information on getting
>>some type of mod_authnz_ldap working between FDS and Apache?  Thanks.
>>
>>- Kevin
>>

>I made it this way (see attachment). Hope it helps.
>Bye
>Robert Ludvik

>Information source:
>http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap_apache2.html#conf
>
>Download modauthldap_apache2.tar.gz and unpack it in /usr/local/src
>In /usr/local/src/modauthldap_apache2 run:
>
>./configure --with-ldap-dir=/opt/fedora-ds/shared --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
>make
>make install
>
>Check httpd.conf:
>LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so
>LoadModule auth_ldap_module   /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_auth_ldap.so
>
>I had to copy manualy these files:
>cp /opt/fedora-ds/shared/lib/libprldap50.so /lib/
>cp /opt/fedora-ds/shared/lib/libldap50.so /lib/
>cp /opt/fedora-ds/shared/lib/libssldap50.so /lib/

What version of Apache is this?  Note that some versions of Apache are
linked directly against /usr/lib/libldap*.so which is the OpenLDAP API
library.  You may run into strange problems if you have both the Mozilla
(Fedora DS) and OpenLDAP libs linked into Apache - the APIs, while
similar, are not compatible and you will run into strange errors.  It is
for this reason that I recommend just using the default OpenLDAP
libraries with mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap.  (Fedora DS Admin Server does
use the Mozilla LDAP libs despite the fact that Apache is linked with
the OpenLDAP ones - we have to jump through hoops like using LD_PRELOAD
- but we do not use any other LDAP modules at all, and we have to use
the Mozilla ones because we must use NSS for crypto).