[Fedora-directory-users] Hosed sync with AD

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue Jan 31 20:27:50 UTC 2006

> I already have all our data in this directory, so is there a way for
> me to get this thing syncing again without a wipe and reinstall?

Surely yes.

> If I delete the sync agreement, and create a new one, what happens on
> the first sync?  Will it just pick up where it left off, or will it
> choke on all the objects that were a part of the previous sync
> agreement?

It should pick up : all the persisted state peratining to Winsync in the
FDS side comes from
AD, and will have the same value after the creation of the new agreement
as it did before.

> Will I have problems with my data since it has been over 10 days since
> the last sync?

No, not unless you have set the tombstone reap interval on your AD
server to < 10 days.
In that case you'd only loose deletes made on AD (FDS would probably
re-create the
entries in AD again).