[Fedora-directory-users] Retrieving User Password From Fedora Directory Server

Hariharan R hariharan at lantana.tenet.res.in
Mon Jul 3 12:40:52 UTC 2006

Dear all,

  I am using FDS 7.2 on FC3 for my development. I am storing userprofile
along with user password to the FDS database (BDB). When i look the user
profile in console i seen that the password value has been encrypted.
Fine. If i do 'ldapsearch' , it doesn't returns the 'userpassword'
attribute and its value.
  How i can get the userPassword attribute and it's value using LDAP
search command. Is there is any way to convert the encrypted password to
plain text one.

  I am in an urgent need , so please any one guide me.

  Thanks in advance.

---
Regards,
Hariharan.R