[Fedora-directory-users] packaging problems.

Hai Zaar haizaar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 10:17:31 UTC 2006

Dear, list,

I know that you are currently working on making FDS to be more FHS
friendly, but anyway, I've got the problem with the current packaging.

I'm building FDS-1.0.2 using dsbuild. When build finishes,
ds/ldapserver/work dir contains file
allLinux2.6_x86_glibc_PTH_OPT.OBJ.tar.gz, that, AFAIK, should be
unzipped and then ./setup should be run.

The problem is, not all of the files are packaged:
  cd ds/ldapserver/work
  mkdir /tmp/fds
  tar zxvf allLinux2.6_x86_glibc_PTH_OPT.OBJ.tar.gz  -C /tmp/fds
  cd /tmp/fds && ls -la
admin  base  dsktune  setup  setup.inf  slapd  tmp

'svrcore' dir is missing, setup complains about it and fails. On the
onther hand, produced rpm is fine, and running setup from
ds/servercore/work/pkg dir (that looks like origin for the tarball)
succeeds.

Distro: LFS-6.1+kernel-2.6.15.

P.S. I'm not on the list, so please CC me.

--
Zaar