[Fedora-directory-users]command line not working

Jim Patterson jim_patterson at comcast.net
Wed Jul 5 01:42:12 UTC 2006

newbie
I was able to set up directory server and import the Example.ldif into
the server (using console).  But whenever I try and do a command line
modify,delete or search I get the following errors.
My server was set up to run on port 42645 and I also tried port 389.
This is my second install the first was typical and the second was
express.  I must have missed something in the documentation.

[root at station100 ldif]# ldapdelete -D "cn=Directory Manager,
dc=example,dc=com"-wpassword -h station100 -p 42645 "cn=Ted
Morris,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
[root at station100 ldif]# ldapdelete -D "cn=Directory Manager,
dc=example,dc=com"-wpassword -h station100 -p 389 "cn=Ted
Morris,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
        additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: