[Fedora-directory-users] RPM/SRPM issues and old RHEL

Oliver Hookins oliver.hookins at anchor.com.au
Wed Jul 5 01:28:42 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I'm trying to get started testing out Fedora Directory Server with the
goal of replacing our OpenLDAP infrastructure. Most of our servers are
RHEL3/4 so there are no big issues there since there are already
prepackaged binary RPMS for those platforms.

But we do have two RHEL2.1 server which we will definitely need packages
for in order to do any migration to FDS. Upgrading these servers to
RHEL3/4 is not an option. Looking at the spec file of the SRPM from
RHEL3 it seems like dependencies won't be a problem, the spec file
itself is a mess and doesn't come close to building everything (which I
understand is a work in progress).

So my questions are: has anyone got FDS running well on RHEL2.1 (either
by compiling directly from source, shoehorning the RPM from RHEL3 or
building the RPM from the SRPM)? Has anyone written their own spec file
from scratch to build FDS in its entirety from sources? I also wanted to
change the installation prefix from /opt so getting a working and
complete spec file would be very desirable.

--
Regards,
Oliver Hookins