[Fedora-directory-users] Question on Schema Object Class Inheritance

Chun Tat David Chu beyonddc.storage at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:06:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I think I got the answer, but I would like to confirm that if I'm correct.

At any given time, a single object class can only inherit from one and only
one object class (no multiple inheritance).

For example, if I have 3 object classes
1. objectclassA with attribute1
2. objectclassB with attribute2
3. objectclassC with attribute3
Then objectclassC can only either inherit from objectclassA or objectclassB.

If I want multiple inheirtance, then I'll need the following setup
1. objectclassB inherits from objectclassA
2. objectclassC inheirts from objectclassB

If I am correct about the object class inheritance, so that means thdoes
this rule only apply on Fedora Directory Server or it applies to all other
LDAP-enabled directory servers?

Thanks!

David Chu