[Fedora-directory-users] Question on Schema Object Class Inheritance

Chun Tat David Chu beyonddc.storage at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 18:20:31 UTC 2006

Mike,

> If I want multiple inheirtance, then I'll need the following setup
> 1. objectclassB inherits from objectclassA
> 2. objectclassC inheirts from objectclassB

>> No, it doesn't work. Superior classes can only inherit from top.

Um... That's strange, because I'm able to do that.
Maybe my description is not clear?

If I have the following schema setup
1. objectClassA with attribute1 inherits from top
2. objectClassB with attribute2 inherits from objectClassA
3. objectClassC with attribute3 inherits from objectClassB
then I can achieve multiple schema object class inheritance.

objectClassC will contains attribute1, attribute2 and attribute3.

objectClassA is my superior class who inherits from top.

Am I correct?

Thanks,

David Chu