[Fedora-directory-users] Re: admin-server SSL and replication

Jo De Troy jo.de.troy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:24:45 UTC 2006

Hi Rich,

I can access the admin-server again with startconsole after having changed
admin-serv/config/adm.conf and shared/config/dbswitch.conf.
What exactly does "Secure Connection" in the admin-server console
ConfigurationDS tab
do? And why would this break the startup of startconsole?
And what exactly does the "Use SSL in Fedora Console" setting in the
Encryption tab of the Directory server console do?

Another question I have about multi-master replication. If you create
the same replication manager entry with the same password on the
replication nodes, why is it necessary to have the same directory
manager entry and the same password? I thought the same replication
mgr entry would be sufficient

Thanks again,
Jo