[Fedora-directory-users] Disable TLS/SSL security check for password changing

Sævaldur Arnar Gunnarsson addi at hugsmidjan.is
Sun Jul 16 20:31:12 UTC 2006

I'm trying to configure Fedora Directory Server as a back-end to Samba
3.x and I've succeeded in doing that with just one exception.

There seems to be a security mechanism that prevents users from changing
their passwords over non-SSL/TLS connections. (and gives the following
error: "Operation requires a secure connection")

I'm assuming this can be specified somewhere on the administrative
console so instead of wasting days looking I thought this would be a
good place to ask this question :)

Bottom line, how do I disable the security check that demands TLS/SSL
connection in order to change passwords ?