[Fedora-directory-users] Question re: {KERBEROS} syntax

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Tue Jul 25 19:56:51 UTC 2006

On 7/25/06 3:51 PM, "Richard Megginson" <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

> Tom Ryan wrote:
>> > Yes, but its not quite what I¹m looking for. Using {KERBEROS} under
>> > openldap, the ldap server would validate the supplied user/password
>> > using kerberos..
>> >
>> > Unless I¹m missing something, this won¹t work for me..
> Are you attempting a SASL/Kerberos bind or a simple username/password
> bind? If the latter, you will need the PAM passthru auth plugin:
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/ldapserver/ldap/servers/plugins/pam_passt
> hru/README?root=dirsec=1.4=auto
> <http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/ldapserver/ldap/servers/plugins/pam_pass
> thru/README?root=dirsec&rev=1.4&view=auto>

That¹s the general idea of what I want.. The problem is that users might not
necessarily have an account on the box..
Essentially a simple username/password bind that the fedora ds would then
use kerberos to authenticate..

That being said, it would appear that fedora ds does not have an equiv
capability as the openldap server correct out of the box?

Thanks for your very quick responses!

Tom