[Fedora-directory-users] Question re: {KERBEROS} syntax

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Tue Jul 25 20:10:58 UTC 2006

On 7/25/06 4:00 PM, "Richard Megginson" <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > That being said, it would appear that fedora ds does not have an equiv
>> > capability as the openldap server correct out of the box?
>
> That is correct, but the pam passthru auth plugin will do what you want.

I¹m confused.. It would appear that while it would do something (albeit
similar), it would not do what I want..

I.e. Allow me to authenticate a user (irregardless of whether they have an
account on the local system) by using the supplied simple  bind credentials
and attempting a kerberos validation of them.

Thanks and again, please pardon my ignorance.

Tom