[Fedora-directory-users] PassSync setup still not working

Jeff Gamsby JFGamsby at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 7 22:31:30 UTC 2006

Please help me, I cannot get this to work. It's driving me crazy.

This is what I did:

Setup FDS over SSL using certutil.

Windows 2000 AD server with "Enterprise Certificate Authority"

Can search AD over SSL ( using ldp.exe, people search over ssl, and
openldap ldapsearch over ssl -H ldaps://)

Installed PassSync ( used FDS host, port 636, FDS Manager account
cn=Manager, FDS cert db password, FDS base )

Exported FDS certs ( per howto:ssl ) and imported them into AD (
certutil databases on windows side )

Setup changelog ( default ) and single master replication

Setup windows sync agreement ( bind as AD administrator account
cn=administrator,cn=users,....)

Then I test SSL connection from FDS to AD:

../shared/bin/ldapsearch -X -h ad-host -p 636 -D
"cn=administrator,cn=users,... -w - -s base -b "" "objectclass=*"

ldap_init( ad.server.xxx.xxx, 636 )
ldaptool_getcertpath -- .
ldaptool_getkeypath -- .
ldaptool_getmodpath -- (null)
ldaptool_getdonglefilename -- (null)
ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
        SSL error -8179 (Peer's Certificate issuer is not recognized.)

OpenLDAP ldapsearch
ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://ad-host  works

On Windows Machine:
certutil -L -d .
CA certificate    CT,C,C
Server-Cert       Pu,Pu,Pu

On FDS server (FC4):
# ../shared/bin/certutil -L -d .
CA certificate                                               CTu,u,u
Server-Cert                                                  u,u,u

I have no idea what to try next. Please help