[Fedora-directory-users] admin-serv error log

Jeff Gamsby JFGamsby at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 20 17:07:13 UTC 2006

Jeff Gamsby
Center for X-Ray Optics
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
(510) 486-7783

Richard Megginson wrote:
> Jeff Gamsby wrote:
>>
>> Jeff Gamsby
>> Center for X-Ray Optics
>> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
>> (510) 486-7783
>>

>> Richard Megginson wrote:

>>> I think so, but I've never tried it that way.

>>> What, if anything, has changed?
>> I blew away the server and started over. When I had password sync
>> problems with AD, I reinstalled the server several times. Each time I
>> reinstall, I delete the /opt/fedora-ds directory.
>>
>> I don't really care about the admin console in SSL mode, I can use
>> the Linux console or X, but I need the Sync agreements to run SSL in
>> both directions, and so far, the only way I been able to establish
>> that is when the admin console is in SSL mode. Unless there is
>> another way.
> Well, one thing is that if you recreate the CA cert you'll need to
> copy that CA cert to all clients who use it.
I do. Right now it's just the localhost

> You can use ldapsearch to verify the LDAPS connections to the SSL
> enabled directory servers (FDS and AD).
Works (FDS).
Right now, AD is not even in the picture. I pretty sure that I can get
that to work. The problem is on the FDS side. When you create the Sync
agreements, you cannot change the suppliers port, unless you have a
secure connection to the admin console, AFAIK.

> Someone recently published steps to make windows sync work both ways
> with SSL to the fds users email list.  Check the archives.  I think
> someone was going to update the wiki with this information.
I think that was me. I did not include instructions on how to get the
admin console in SSL mode though.