[Fedora-directory-users] Need information about phpldapadmin and Fedora DS

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 18:28:29 UTC 2006

Toby Kraft wrote:
> Richard,
> What I had to do to get PLA to work with FDS was:
> 1 - edit /etc/php.ini to increase the memory_limit value, I changed 8M
> to 32M
> 2 - edit /var/www/html/phpldapadmin/config/config.php to specify the
> Server and Base settings.
>
> If I do not set the 'base' setting, then I get this
>
> "Could not determine the root of your LDAP tree.
> It appears that the LDAP server has been configured to not reveal its
> root.
> Please specify it in config.php"
What OS?  Fedora Core 4? 5?

> One question I have is - what needs to be changed in FDS to allow
> clients to determine the root?
I'm not sure - fds allows rootdse searches by anonymous by default, and
returns the namingContexts attribute, so I don't know what else
phpldapadmin is looking for - have you checked the access log to see
what it's searching for?  Is there anything in the phpldapadmin logs
about this?