[Fedora-directory-users] apache win32

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Jun 28 22:36:19 UTC 2006

Mickael Besse wrote:

> [Wed Jun 28 17:11:16 2006] [info] APR LDAP: Built with Microsoft
> Corporation. LDAP SDK
> [Wed Jun 28 17:11:17 2006] [info] LDAP: SSL support unavailable: LDAP:
> CA certificates cannot be set using this method, as they are stored in
> the registry instead.
>
> I v got this in log when apache start, so SSL  is unavailable. Is there
> something to do for changing this??

Looks like you have a LDAPTrustedGlobalCert or LDAPTrustedClientCert
directive in there somewhere.

The Microsoft LDAP SDK reads server, CA and client certificates from the
registry, you cannot set these from within Apache, and if you try to,
you get the error above. I don't know where in the registry, the
Microsoft LDAP SDK docs should explain this though.

(You are falling victim to the annoyingly inconsistent way that SSL and
TLS is supported between FDS, OpenLDAP, Novell, MS and Sun LDAP client
libraries).

Regards,
Graham