[Fedora-directory-users] Samba schema not loading in FDS...

Jim Hogan jimh at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 2 03:00:47 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Richard Megginson wrote:

> This is what I did:
> cd /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-localhost/config/schema
> perl ~/ol2rhds.pl < /usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.14a/LDAP/samba.schema >
> 61samba.ldif
> # http://www.directory.fedora.redhat.com/download/ol2rhds.pl

This I had covered...

> ../../restart-slapd

BING. D'Oh!  The Big Red Clue Switch right there.  Something is obviously
whacked with my init.d/ldap, as it causes/logs slapd start/stop, but isn't
doing it right.  I need to look to see if that rc script is a munged
artifact of the old OL install or something (which I was just starting to
do when you emailed).  Anyhow, I wasn't using the restart script that was
sitting there in slapd-host staring at me.

> ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p myport -s base -b "cn=schema" "objectclass=*" |
> grep -i samba

I get lots of "samba" now.  Maybe this thread will help the next wanderer
:)

Thanks!

Jim