[Fedora-directory-users] Samba schema not loading in FDS...

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Thu Mar 2 15:48:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 19:12 -0700, Richard Megginson wrote:

> This is what I did:
> cd /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-localhost/config/schema
> perl ~/ol2rhds.pl < /usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.14a/LDAP/samba.schema >
> 61samba.ldif
> # http://www.directory.fedora.redhat.com/download/ol2rhds.pl
> ../../restart-slapd
> ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p myport -s base -b "cn=schema"
> "objectclass=*" | grep -i samba

I just did those exact same steps myself and there does appear to be a
problem.  They "MAY" portions of the schema get dropped.  Here is the
sambaSamAccount from my converted schema:

objectClasses: (
  1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.2.6
 NAME 'sambaSamAccount'
 DESC 'Samba 3.0 Auxilary SAM Account'
 SUP top
 AUXILIARY
 MUST ( uid $ sambaSID )
 )

and here is the sambaSamAccount from the /usr/share/doc/ samba.schema:
objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.2.6 NAME 'sambaSamAccount' SUP top
AUXILIARY
        DESC 'Samba 3.0 Auxilary SAM Account'
        MUST ( uid $ sambaSID )
        MAY  ( cn $ sambaLMPassword $ sambaNTPassword $ sambaPwdLastSet
$
               sambaLogonTime $ sambaLogoffTime $ sambaKickoffTime $
               sambaPwdCanChange $ sambaPwdMustChange $ sambaAcctFlags $
               displayName $ sambaHomePath $ sambaHomeDrive $
sambaLogonScript $               sambaProfilePath $ description $
sambaUserWorkstations $
               sambaPrimaryGroupSID $ sambaDomainName $ sambaMungedDial
$
               sambaBadPasswordCount $ sambaBadPasswordTime $
               sambaPasswordHistory $ sambaLogonHours))

Without the 'MAY' portion, when I import my directory dump from
OpenLDAP, any accounts that have any of those samba attributes set (all
of them unfortunately) don't import because of the invalid attributes.

Looks like it's a bug in the ol2rhds.pl script.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>